SONGS FOR MY STUDENTS

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Goal

I hope to use the internet to compliment my teaching, starting with a website or blog to communicate my syllabus, and eventually moving toward having an online form of every assignment, project and announcement. I would like my blog to be personable and fun. Something that motivates students. I want to put fun stuff on here, and keep changing it, so students will be motivated to check it. I would like each student to make a blog of their own, with photo and avatar. They could use it to publish their work...it might even be an early form of an e-portfolio. All the teachers could have a blog, linked together somehow.
I tried Edublog and it clued me in to a lot more web 2.0 options that you can link or "widget", but for me, it was harder for a first-time blogger to figure out, and I like that Blogger is on so many websites reminding me to put content on my blog. It seems easier to use Blogger for now.